Thursday, June 11, 2009

St. George

Jeff's school break just happened to coincide with Mindy and Lance's and Lance's Family's vacation to St. George and Las Vegas. We were lucky to be allowed to tag along. And it was soo much fun.

The first night there we went to the Tuacahn theater to see Annie. Jeff didn't even now what the story was about, but could (unfortunately) sing along with every song. It was windy, but the weather turned out to be nice and they did a really good job with the play. Here is the group. Well mostly me, Mindy, and Lance.

And here is Jeff and I before the show.
Here we are at the Jacob Hamblin house. They kept telling us it was out in the middle of nowhere and that it was just some shack. It was way better than I was expecting from that description! Here is the group that was there for that portion. Lance's Parents, his nephew Daniel, sister Donny, Lance, Mindy, Jeff and Me.
Jeff and me in front of the same building.
We also got to visit the Brigham Young house. This is the traditional picture taken in front of the traditional tree. We had to wait for an old lady to get out of the way before we could finally take the picture. She took forever but finally moved. And we got the picture.
Jeff and me in front of the Brigham Young house. For such a small building the tour took forever.
Jeff wanted to see where his grandma was buried. It took forever to locate. We finally found his great grandma's headstone. Norma is Jeff's Grandma. I thought that since we found his grandma's name on a headstone in the same cemetery we could count that. Nope.
We looked for over an hour for this one. Grandma Norma.
And a close up.

We spent a lot of time in the pool. We seriously went swimming twice a day, every day. We spent every night in a different hotel, 4 total, so we were really able to judge which ones had the nicest pool. And which ones had the nicest continental breakfast. Lance really enjoyed the hot tub, while Mindy and I worked out.

1 comment:

Erin said...

We loved that trip last year... too bad Isaac was in school this time. I want to make a yearly trip of it like Lance's family does. I love all the old houses down there... or anywhere for that matter. I agree about the Jacob hamblin home... I could totally live there. I would maybe add a bathroom and bigger kitchen.