Friday, November 21, 2008

Hotel or Gym?

We've been working out either outside or in the little workout room that our apartment complex has. Jeff gets a free membership to one of the gyms around here (you have to sign up before Dec. 1) so we went to sign him up. As a spouse I would get the membership at a reduced rate, so we went to check it out for me. The first thing we noticed was the guy who was trying to get me to sign up was really really annoying. He drove both of us crazy. He was trying to make it the best gym ever, which it isn't. The two things I was wanting was a pool and a yoga class. They don't really have a yoga class, it's some weird body flow thing that is a combination of a bunch of other junk. And there pool. This is the real reason I am writing this. Get ready to be amazed. The pool is 14 yards. WOW! Please sign me up to swim laps in that. It is literally smaller than a hotel pool, and definately smaller than our apt. pool. Although it is a square. They have water aerobics classes, swim lessons, and family swim time in the morning, afternoons, and all day Saturday. In a pool that is 14 yards x 3 yards, where and when am I supposed to swim. He tried to convince me there would be room around all the little kids, but I am not buying it. There is just no room. But seriously who puts a pool in a gym thats only 14 yards long. At least make it a nice round number like 10, 12.5, or 15.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

"At least make it a nice round number like 12.5"

HAHAHA, I totally understand why you would want it to be 12.5, but it's kind of funny to call that a "nice round number". I love it!

Erin said...

Maybe your quads will get strong pushing off the wall so much. You will have to figure out a better way to work you arms... no need to stroke there. What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Erin said...

Oh, tag. see my blog... you can do it of you want.