Tuesday, October 21, 2008

LeeLee's Oriental Store

Jeff and I were supposed to go to the physical therapist today, but the physical therapist was stuck in traffic, so we went to Lee Lee's Oriental Store (or something like that). I had heard about this store and had looked up some reviews online. I thought I knew what I was expecting: bad smell and bad organization. It did smell bad, but you got used to it before you left, and the organization was way worse than bad. They organized some of the aisles by countries and some by certain items, and then mixed them all around so it was very difficult to find anything. After a long search we did find what we were looking for. Tapioca pearls, passion fruit drink syrup, and large straws. These items are used to make and drink Boba drinks (Bubble tea).  Boba originated in Taiwan and has since spread around the world. You can find Boba tea shops all around. The drinks are kind of expensive so we decided to get the stuff and try to make them ourselves. After dropping Jeff back at school, I attempted to make myself a boba slushy. You blend the syrup with ice and water, add cooked tapioca pearls, add a large straw and enjoy. And if I do say so myself, my first attempt was quite tasty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same drink we had after you came home from your mission?

chel said...

Probably. And man are they good.