Friday, January 2, 2009

Skiing!

We went Skiing on New Year's Eve Day. It was soo much fun. Jeff and I went with my Aunt Alma, Uncle Mike, Donavan, Amanda, Brandon and Caleb. Amanda and Brandon had never been before so it was interesting. Luckily we had a couple of pros, Aunt Alma and Uncle Mike, there to help us. Here we were getting ready to go.
And here we are all ready to head on out. From L to R: Donavan, Amanda, Uncle Mike, Aunt Alma, Chelan, Jeff, Caleb, and Brandon.
It was fun, except for when Brandon hurt his knee and had to be taken down on a stretcher. He was fine, although no more skiing for him. Caleb and I went down a pretty scary slope with Uncle Mike and Aunt Alma. It was icy and windy, and exactly what I don't want to be skiing in. It was funny when I fell though. I got my ski stuck in the snow about a foot deep. It was so deep that I couldn't pull it back out without a little help. Luckily we all survived. And arrived home to a great meal that my mom had ready when we walked in the door.
We followed our day of great skiing up with going to a party at Aaron and Kareth's house. Unfortunately we were there for a couple of hours before I stated feeling sick. So Jeff and I went home. And while everyone celebrated the New Year, I was throwing up with the flu. Not a fun way to end a vacation. I even missed the party that I had planned on New Year's. Jeff never got sick so we were able to make it home on Friday, the second of January, as planned.



No comments: