Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baseball

The last day of Jeff's spring break, we decided to go out and watch a baseball game. There are a lot of teams in the area who are playing all of their spring training games. The weather was great 85 degrees, we got cheap tickets, and we had fun. Tickets for the lawn are $7, and I was able to grab a free ticket from someone who was giving it away. So even though my ticket was for a seat, I sat on the grass with Jeff. Luckily we had on the sun screen because it sure was sunny. We saw the LA Angels beat the Chicago Cubs 6-4. 
Look closely and you can see Alfonso Soriano, star player for the Cubs.
And once again Jeff. Our game was cheap. But we were amazed at how much others payed on food and alcohol. The people in front of us spent over $100 on beer. I know because I counted the containers. And the guy next to us spent at least $50 on food...just for himself. 
We were grateful for our friends Devin and Marianne who invited us over for dinner that night. They made a great meal, which we really enjoyed. And we also enjoyed some fun games.  It was great Spring Break. Thats for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have had a lot of fun adventures lately. I have to say the green eggs look disgusting:) They remind me of the Dr. Seuss story "Green eggs and ham" which I never could read without feeling sick. I can vouch for the aggressive duck story. John Pierce's duck was mean. Mom