Thursday, April 30, 2009

Trip to Utah/ Triathlon


A friend was traveling up to Utah with just here two kids. She asked if I would come along and help drive. So I did. It was a fast trip but a lot of fun. Mindy had signed up for a team triathlon and when the found out I was going to be there that weekend they had me do the run. It was a cold, cold, rainy day. The swim was indoors, but they started the girls way to close together so they were bumping into each other with no way to pass. But she still did a good job, especially since she is pregnant. Caleb did the bike. It was a mountain bike trail and was sooo muddy. They were sliding all over and everyone was so muddy when they finished. I did the run. It would have been more fun if the second half wasn't straight uphill. It was on the University of Utah's campus and the last half of the run was up the huge long hill in the middle of campus. And it was altitude. I am not used to altitude (or cold). It was hard but fun. We waited around for hours to hear the results, but the had trouble with the timing so we finally left without hearing them. Too bad we didn't stay because we took third. Yeah for us. 

No comments: