Monday, February 2, 2009

Catching Up...

I have been meaning to update my blog but...I went out of town...Jeff studied alot (on the computer)...I would get sidetracked surfing the Internet...and really because I am lazy and it seemed a little overwhelming to type everything out. I really did have some adventures. It all started out on the 11th of January. I got a phone call that my Grandma (my dad's mom) had passed away. My grandparents live in Washington State, and I live in Arizona. Making it difficult to drive to the funeral. There was no way that I could take our only car here and make a 24 hour drive by myself. Flying would cost around $1000. A little out of our budget. We really felt like I should go, so we looked into any other option. It turned out that I could get a flight to Utah for under $100. That was doable. So I flew to Utah on Monday night.

Too bad it was a crappy flight. I had to fly to Las Vegas, and then up to Salt Lake, arriving at 11:30 pm. Thanks to my brother in law Lance for picking me up from the airport. While I was flying, my sister Bethany was driving to Utah from Colorado. The next morning (Tuesday) I met up with my family and we drove up to Washington, a twelve hour drive. Because Bethany and I had both hitched a ride we had a packed van with 5 adults, 2 kids, and a toddler bed we were taking up to my sister. It was a long drive and we were all tired by the time we arrive at my sister Cameron's house in Washington.

We then attended my Grandma's viewing and funeral, spent another day visiting with Cameron and her family, and drove back to Utah on Sunday. When I left Arizona, we didn't know how I was going to get home. Jeff looked at the options and we decided that I would drive out to Colorado with my sister (7 hour drive), Bethany so that she wouldn't have to make the drive alone. I would stay with her for a couple of days and then fly back home out of Denver, Colorado. It was actually the cheapest flight we could find.

I was gone for a week and a half. I left Arizona and traveled through Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado before getting back home. That was 6 states in 10 days, a whole lot of traveling if you ask me. This might seem like it was all about the traveling, well trust me, it felt like a whole lot of traveling. So check back tomorrow (those who bugged me about posting more) I promise I will get some more up quickly, and they might just be a little more interesting.

No comments: