Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We like Valentines Day. It is one more excuse to go out and have fun. We received a gift card a few months ago (Thank you Bethany!), which we decided to save and use it for a special date. So we went out on Friday.  We actually got "officially" engaged on the Friday before Valentines Day four years ago. So we like to do something big on the Friday before, this also helps to avoid crowds. So anyways here we are going out to dinner at Macaroni Grill. It was really good. We enjoyed going out to a nice restaurant for once. I think this is the first time since moving to Mesa that we have gone out to eat at a place without ESPN playing on the T.V.! It was great. We also went to the temple this morning with some friends. It was really fun. I told Jeff that I wanted a poem, chocolates, and flowers for Valentines Day. But really just a poem. Jeff's not the type to really write poetry. And he doesn't usually do what I tell him to do, but this time he did. I thought it was pretty funny so here it is. He actually made me a copy that had some pictures for the background, but it would take longer to put that up here (and we are wanting to leave on a bike ride.) Sooo, here it is. 

My Valentine

I love the way you smile so big

You make me laugh so heartily

You’re my all-American quarterback wife

Who sits on barstools and feels like ice

At buffalo wild wings and hopes

And prays that BYU wins so a happy husband she may see

You put up with all my shenanigans

Even if you want to kick me in the shins 

My life would be in disarray

But my wife always saves the day

You are the nicest person I know

And would not trade you for the world

Not even a BYU football game

The hikes, the rides, the walks, the talks

The very, very rainy marathon

These are some of my memories

I hope you will be my valentine for life

1 comment:

Erin said...

Cute poem! I was laughing about the ESPN thing. My thing is I get excited to go somewhere that doesn't serve burritos. I like them, but it is nice to take a break from that. I don't like restaurants with TV's cause I always stare at them, even if I am not watching what's on. Isaac always makes me trade places so I will stare at him instead. It's like my pupils have this magnetic pull toward the blasted tube!
It was really good to chat with you the other day! Thanks for calling!