Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Filing.

We have moved almost every six months since we have been married. Fun in ways, bad in others. Every time we move, we get our filing system set up and all the paper work organized. And then we move and everything changes. This move we did not have access to our little file boxes, so nothing got taken care of. We are planning on staying in this apartment for a couple of years until Jeff is done with school. So I (with the help of a couple of Christmas presents) decided to get everything super organized. This is what it started out with. Two small file boxes and one huge pile of unfiled papers. 
And like everything it has to get worse before it gets better. I was smart enough to get this cleaned up before Jeff got back from school so he never saw it like this. I was really hoping that no one would stop be, because this is what you would see with the door open. 
When we moved to Mesa, we knew we would be here for a while, so I wanted to find a little file cabinet. I searched Goodwill, Savers, D.I. and yard sales, until I found this one. It was in the best condition and the cheapest (even has the key with it), only $5. I got it the end of October and it has been sitting next to our desk just waiting for stuff to be put into it. 
Thanks to some file folders and a label machine we got for Christmas, I felt obligated to get everything cleaned up. And It is soo much nicer now. Everything is taken care of and easy to find. 

No comments: